OveractDev has a very special opportunity for a very special engineer. We build software applications for Fortune 500 companies (like Intuit, GoDaddy, HP) and innovative, funded startups (like Lytro and Reputation Defender). We are not a software product company, we are a high-end engineering firm. Our clients count on us to solve tough problems, crack new technologies, and complete complex projects on time. We are judged by the quality of our work and our knowledge of best practices.
While you work here, you have the opportunity to perfect your engineering discipline, apply development best practices, and use the latest technologies.
What We Care About
In this role, you will
- Demonstrate a great passion for software engineering, superior programming skills, and using new technologies.
- Demonstrate a track record of delivering your code working as required, in a timely fashion, with minimal bugs.
- Work with many clients. You need to be a "people person". You need excellent communication skills, the ability to support large cross-functional teams, and have an upbeat, friendly personality.
- Be the leader on any software project to which you contribute. You help nail down project requirements and milestones. We expect you to be a creative thinker and a problem solver. We expect you to mentor your teammates.
- Own the final solution - deliver a win for our client, our team, and yourself!
You MUST have 5+ years experience with the .NET stack for web development:
C#, update panels, a callback framework, web services, ASP.NET MVC, IIS.
You MUST have 3 to 4 years experience with:
- Working knowledge of one or more SQL database engines.
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Education: Bachelors in Computer Science; or equivalent experience
- Bonus points for new technologies (ie, cloud deployment, DevOps, noSQL, Scala, etc.) and other languages.